Rules, Regulations & Classroom/Driving Policies
An understanding of the laws, a good safe attitude and the ability to be able to put the two together in the driving environment is Bayside Driving School's goal.
Rules & Regulations
1. Driver's Education must be completed one (1) year from class start date, after the (1) year, there is a reenrollment fee of 100.00. Contact the office if you will not be able to meet the 1 year requirement.
2. Students must successfully complete 30 hours of classroom instruction. Students must pass each test with an 80% or better. Failure to accomplish this may result in a student having to repeat the classroom portion of the program for an additional fee.
3. Students are to be in the room and seated when roll is taken. Anyone arriving more than 15 minutes late, or habitually late will not be given credit for that session.
4. You will be allowed to miss up to four (4) classes, and must attend the session(s) that you have missed at a later time. Make-up of an absence may be made up during the appropriate day of the following session if space is available. MISSING CLASSES WILL DELAY YOUR COMPLETION OF THE COURSE. Reasonable accomodations will be made for students with learning disabilities.
5. Show respect for your instructor and fellow classmates.
6. NO CELL PHONES, NO TEXTING, NO PAGERS, NO HEADPHONES during class time or driving. Use of any of these during instruction will result in immediate termination of that session.
1. Students are expected to act in a mature & appropriate manner at all locations of instruction including but not limited to: classroom, office, parking area of school location and during behind-the-wheel instruction. We cannot list all the rules of behavior, other than to say students are to be mature and act appropriate. Failure to do so may result in discipline, including dismissal from the course with NO REFUND. We have sole discretion to determine what is appropriate behavior.
2. Damage to books, chairs and other property owned by Bayside Driving School, Inc. is the direct responsibility of the student and or his/her parents. Failure to pay, repair or replace items damaged will result in dismissal with NO REFUND.
Payments & Refunds
In order to be placed on the driving schedule full payment must be made by the 5th day of class. Any payments received after the 5th day will prolong course completion. If payment is made by check after day seven (7) there will be a waiting period of ten (10) business days before paperwork will be finalized. If a student has to withdrawl before completion of the course, written notification must be made to the office immediately. A refund will then be given considering how much time was not completed and what fees were already paid. ANY STUDENT DISMISSED FROM OUR PROGRAM IS NOT ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND. Classroom$100.00/30 hours and Behind the Wheel balance after classroom/6hours.
Behind The Wheel Instruction
The required 6 hours of Behind the Wheel instruction is typically scheduled once the classroom portion is complete. We schedule driving times in the order that you received your learners permit. We will make every effort to schedule driving at the earliest possible time. If you do not have a permit by the end of the classroom portion please call Bayside Driving School, Inc. as soon as you obtain your permit. Not doing so will cause a delay in your completion of the course. NOT POSSESSING A LEARNERS PERMIT OR DELAYING SCHEDULING OF DRIVE TIME BY A STUDENT CONSTITUTES A WAIVER OF THE TIME REQUIREMENT SET BY THE MVA. We reserve the right to rearrange schedules to accommodate for errors in scheduling. Summer sessions and those following summer are extremely busy and delays in driving may occur.
Driving Appointments & Cancellations
1. You must have your Learner's Permit in order to be scheduled for any driving hours.
2. Only a portion of the required six (6) hours of driving time will be scheduled until all fees are paid.
3. Each student who presents their Learner's permit before class day 5 will be given a driving schedule by the end of classroom time or within 3 weeks of a call-in.
4. If the student is unable to keep a scheduled driving appointment it is the student and/or parents responsibility to cancel within 24 hours of that appointment.
5. If a student fails to cancel within the required 24 hours notice, or is not available when the instructor arrives they will be charged a $60.00 No-Show fee which must be paid prior to any future driving appointments.
Completion of Driver's Ed
Upon successfull completion of the Driver's Education class-minimum score of 80% in class and 80% in driving( we strive for 85-95%) we will electronically send the proper information to the MVA. You MUST allow three(3) business days from the date of completion in order for your information to successfully be posted with the MVA prior to testing for your Provisional License. You will also receive paperwork via mail from us regarding completion of the program.
Bayside Driving School's classroom and behind the wheel sessions will provide the student with the quality education and training, meeting all requirements as stated in the MVA curriculum. There is no guarantee that upon completion of the course, the student will be a good driver. PRODUCING GOOD, CAPABLE DRIVERS IS A JOINT EFFORT MADE BY THE STUDENT, PARENTS/MENTORS AND THE SCHOOL. This is why the MVA curriculum is designed to teach the basics to the new driver. The MVA also requires 60 hours of additional driving skills practice to be completed with any responsible adult 21 or older, that has been licensed for at least three years.
If there are any medical, physical or other conditions that would effect your ability to operate a motor vehicle safely you MUST submit written explanation to the school with this form. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the office. Thank you for your business and your cooperation.
BUCKLE UP AND DRIVE SAFELY!
Each student will receive a copy on the first day of class. 4-4-18